[Asterisk-Users] Standalone FXO device

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Thu Jan 22 17:11:56 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ariel Batista" <abatista at avionica.com>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 3:59 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Standalone FXO device

> I found information on a D-link DVG-1120S (Sip unit.) It has 2 FXS ports
> and on FXO port.  This would make  a nice small office connection for
> Asterisk.  But I can not find where they are selling these units.  Even
> on Dlinks shop site it's not listed.  Has anyone here found one of these
> unit's and tested it out?

According to the text(for the DVG-1120 at least), their gateways have two
FXS ports and a "lifeline" port:

Two loop-start FXS RJ-11 ports
One PSTN POTS RJ-11 port for Life Line

A lifeline port is just for use if the power goes out. It hard connects one
of your analog handsets to your POTS line(which you must still maintain).

----
Andrew Thompson http://aktzero.com/