[Asterisk-Users] R2 or E&M for E1 CAS pbx to pbx link

Samuel Jimenez jimenezchava at racsa.co.cr
Thu Jan 22 13:45:53 MST 2004

  Hi,

  So, u are using a new thread...  it is better if you do not change the message subject so we can trace u properly.

  Before dealing with R2 signaling which is register_signaling, you need to deal with CAS or ABCD signaling which is line_signaling and be able to establish (and drop) calls correctly.  Once this is done, R2 signaling can take place ---if fully available in *,  and R2 tones will be able to travel between switches thru the established voice channel before callers be allowed to talk.

  So, again... you need de CAS table of the far_end switch or pbx.   Get it and attach it to your post.
  Also, if u thing u will not able to negotiate with your far en party, ask him/her in advance what signaling and start arrangement should you use.  Should tell you something like 4wire E&M, IMMediate.  This info is also crucial.

  Regards

  Sam\\\