[Asterisk-Users] Integrating * with a legacy Nec NEAX 1400

Eric W. Hatch EWH at gammex.com
Thu Jan 22 09:30:08 MST 2004

I have searched the lists and the wiki for some info regarding
Integrating * with a legacy Nec NEAX 1400.

I am trying to build a test PBX and eventually integrate it with the
current PBX here at my office. Do further testing and if all goes well
replace the neax with *. I have a T1 line coming in from the Phone
company, but as far as I can tell the most expensive part of this is
going to be replacing the telephones. If * could talk to my existing
phones (Dterm Series II by NEC) I would be able to break the cost down
into modules eventually replacing the phones for VOIP models. I have
about 70 multiline terminals, 20 single line, and 3 conference rooms.

What is the best way to start off for this project?
Are there any companies that have done something similar to this that I
could talk to about their experiences with * ?
Is there anyone else in the Wisconsin area that has an * system running
that I could talk to about their experiences with * ?

I am very interested in hearing any comments and suggestions you may
have about this. Thank you.