AW: [Asterisk-Users] Data calls (ISDN/64k) through * PRI

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Jan 22 09:08:16 MST 2004

What hardware is on the other side of the call(initiating)? Is it set up
to send as voice to avoid data call costs?

I remember at one point that was a neat trick to keep the telco from
charging their data premium, the data would be passed over the circuit
as voice.

I think it had to do with the PSCs trying to keep ISDN in the US from
being metered by the minute, but giving ground on data calls.