[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk 0.7.1 RH 7.3 RPMS Released

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Thu Jan 22 06:58:43 MST 2004

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, WipeOut wrote:

> I understand or agree with all of your points..
>
> My biggest problem is that RH has basically dropped me in the "poo" by
> killing off their free version and stopping support for all the free
> versions as well.. I have been looking at alternatives but so far
> nothing is going to fit the bill.. The other distro's are either way off
> the mark or too difficult to get running in the first place or to
> difficult to manage in a production enviroment.. also I can't affort
> $400 for RH Enterprise Linux for each of my test/demo/dev servers.. I
> guess there are many with the same problem.. :(

I would suggest either Fedora Core 1 (Which is essentially RedHat 9.1) if
you are familiar with RedHat. Or, just bite the bullet and learn about
Debian. It's really a wonderful distribution once you learn the ins and
the outs. In fact, I actually use "apt" to manage my RedHat 7.3 boxes,
since upgrades are as simple as "apt-get dist-upgrade".

And just because RedHat isn't supporting 7.3 doesn't mean that others will
not. There are several commercial vendors that have announced support for
it.

                             KP-216-121-ST