[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk 0.7.1 RH 7.3 RPMS Released

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 22 02:58:30 MST 2004

Senad Jordanovic wrote:

>WipeOut wrote:
>

>>I understand or agree with all of your points..
>>
>>My biggest problem is that RH has basically dropped me in the "poo" by
>>killing off their free version and stopping support for all the free
>>versions as well.. I have been looking at alternatives but so far
>>nothing is going to fit the bill.. The other distro's are either way
>>off
>>the mark or too difficult to get running in the first place or to
>>difficult to manage in a production enviroment.. also I can't affort
>>$400 for RH Enterprise Linux for each of my test/demo/dev servers.. I
>>guess there are many with the same problem.. :(
>>
>>Later..

>Have you tried www.gentoo.org . We are using it currently on a couple
>servers
>And it works great.

Yes, I tried it the other day.. Its a little out of my legue i'm afraid,
I would not be confident that I would be able to economically administer
a system on Gentoo.. and the 2h30min install to bet to a basic bootable
system when installing from the CD's is a bit of a nightmare as well if
you have a server go down on you and need to get it back up quickly..

I am not knocking it, its probably a good distro if you are competent to
that level with Linux.. I unfortunately am not..

I am considdering installing it on my system at home to try and improve
my low level Linux skills.. :)

Later..