[Asterisk-Users] CRM Solutions - Incoming Calls & Outgoing Calls

Adthrawn adthrawn at adthrawn.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jan 21 19:15:09 MST 2004

Hi,

I've searched through the archives, and through the Wiki, for a few
answers or suggestions regarding CRM style information for incoming
calls (like pop-ups etc, and other CTI style interactivity) and
outgoing calls (web dialing and other apps like agent management).

So far, the best I've found is a thread that suggests that somebody
should read a previous thread. I've back tracked through a months worth
of listings, and searched through the rest to no avail :-(

It seems it's time for a positive solution!

Wish List:

Incoming

- Web App for incoming calls (The most contentious solution, as it
requires PUSH technology - not great for web based solutions)
- Web Based Attendant Station (Ties in with attendant's desk phone,
opens up rapid transfers, caller ID, incoming line ID, etc - everything
an operator would need to identify a call and pass it on rapidly. With
access to an external directory. Basically a Cisco 7914 that works, but
on screen!)
- Web Based Attendant Overview (Some kind of app that's not dependent
on a channel or hardware, that can give line status for each channel)

Outgoing

- Web Dialer (Okay, I've still not gotten this working through the
manager, other than by command line)

And a few others for good measure:

- Emergency Caller ID (use a geographically local Caller ID for
emergency calls, or ensure calls are routed locally)
- Web Based Management
- Web Based Agent Login (login into your computer, or intranet, and
your phone is logged into your agent account)
- Web Based Agent/Call Center (manage a call center visually, and
assign call types and "accounts" (a customer's phone number) to
specific agents)

I'm keen on developing a good set of Agent related tools - to manage
the call center. I'm hoping to build a system that also permits users
to move and around, so a login approach to stations is a good idea.
Whether we keep it to just the call center agents (mobile guys, temp's
and hot seaters too) and then just tell the permanent people, execs etc
to set auto transfer's. Question is; would you assign an internal
extension number to an agent, or assign them an agent ID, give the desk
phone a fixed extension, and then have the company directory (with
links to the agent lists) help people find their current extension?!
Probably the best way, would be to consider the phone as having an
alphanumeric line (ie SIP/desk1) and then map the extension (ie 7709)
to the agent directly (ie joss.bobby), and then have the agent login to
the system (ie login name - joss.bobby or 7709) - at which point
Asterisk can route calls for that agent's number to the line (7709 =
joss.bobby -> logged in -> SIP/desk1). That would support the Web Based
Agent Login - allowing them to login in via their desktop. Of course,
they can just dial an internal number, and then punch in their username
(okay, possibly extensions number), and their pin code - easy via AGI
etc.

These are a few app's I'm looking at tackling (along with the
carrier-grade hardware solution) over the next few months. I'd
appreciate ANY help or suggestions! And please, I'm more than happy in
referring to archived material or to features on the Wiki, but please
give me direct links!! If I've not found it yet, no amount of
encouragement will help me find it :-)

Some of this may already exist, in which case, I either am looking for
something slightly different, or I'm just coming from a different angle
(and would appreciate alternate angle).

Best,
Ad.