[Asterisk-Users] New Windows IAX Client

Steven Sokol ssokol at sokol-associates.com
Wed Jan 21 17:01:38 MST 2004

Announcing a new Windows-based IAX/IAX2 client.  Please download it and
give it a try.  Let me know about any bugs, and any missing features.  I
have yet to come up with a catchy name for it, so at this point it calls
itself IAX Phone.  (Suggestions?  Non-derogatory suggestions,
preferably).

Download: http://www.sokol-associates.com/Downloads/IaxPhone.zip

Reference & Support Page: http://www.sokol-associates.com/IaxPhone.htm

Features:

- Works correctly for both inbound and outbound calls!
- Registers With Multiple Servers
- 4 Line Appearances
- Direct IAX URL Dialing (user:password at asteriskserver.com/1123 at users)
- 20 Speed Dials
- Native IAX Blind Transfer (no more wasted pound key)
- Drag/Drop Transfer (right-click & drag a line to a Speed Dial to
transfer)
- Last number redial
- Message Waiting Indicator (Native IAX, no Manager configuration
reqired)
- Message Waiting Count *
- Registration Indicator
- Missed Calls Indicator
- Mini-Mode for low screen-real-estate usage.
- Multiple Audio Output Devices (use speakers for Ring, headset for
audio I/O)
- Supports IAX/IAX2
- Supports DSP Filters: AGC, Echo Cancellation, Denoise
- Integrated call timer
- Integrated with the Eutectics IPP200 USB handset
- Direct dialing for IAXTel users (no need for nnnn at iaxtel)
- Intercom Calls (auto-answer, use speakers for audio output)**

Coming Soon:

- Call Log
- Phonebook Dialing
- Outlook Integration (dialing & screen pops)
- Programmable feature buttons (DND, Forward, Direct-To-Voicemail
Transfer, etc.)
- Documentation (sorry...;-)
- Additional Screen formats (toolbar, icon-tray)
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- User-defined ring-tones (wav, midi, etc.)
- Personalized ring-tones (assigned in phonebook)
- Enhanced speed dial "dashboard" as DSS (Manager integration) for
Operator console
- Call rejection/Zapateller
- Optional IAX debugging and logging
- Auto-answer options (either all calls or by phone-book entry)
- Integrated call recording

Hopeful Additions:

- Simple text messaging
- Local conferencing
- Screen-saver awareness (auto "Away" when screen saver kicks on)

This is the very first release so there will be bugs (as always, use at
your own risk).  Please let me know what they are ASAP.  I will
hopefully have the next release (with many of the "coming soon"
features) out later in the week or over the weekend.

Thanks,

Steve Sokol

* Requires a small change to chan_iax2.c in order to return valid
message counts.  See the support page.

** Requires a special macro in extensions.conf that replaces the
caller's real number with a special Intercom indicator ID.  See the
support page.