[Asterisk-Users] Strange Zaptel Modprobe driver failure

Mark Rizzo mrizzo at perpetualent.com
Wed Jan 21 14:53:58 MST 2004

Hello, my first post to the list.  I have started to install and play with
Asterisk.  I was following some basic instructions to 'jump-start' my
system.  I have a TDM400P with one port and a X100P.

I am running the latest CVS versions (from today).

Following the steps I found for basic jump-start I did the following:

Modprobe zaptel

Modprobe wcfxo

Modprobe wcfxs

Edited /etc/zaptel.conf and added the following lines:

fxsks=1

fxoks=2

loadzone=us

defaultzone=us

I then ran ztcfg -vv and receive a good response.

Asterisk started and running just fine!  YES!

I then rebooted my computer for other reasons.  Now the following happens:

Modprobe zaptel

(works)

Modprobe wcfxo

ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 2: No such device or address (6)

/lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r9/misc/wcfxo.o: post-install wcfxo failed

/lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r9/misc/wcfxo.o: insmod wcfxo failed

Modprobe wcfxs

(works)

lsmod shows that both modules are loaded.  Asterisk runs, though I have yet
to try and use both boards.  If I remove my changes to the zaptel.conf file,
then run modprobe, then re-add my changes to zaptel.conf file I am fine.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Mark Rizzo

Perpetual Entertainment, INC.