[Asterisk-Users] CAS SF Inband tone signalling problem

Samuel Jimenez jimenezchava at racsa.co.cr
Wed Jan 21 12:31:38 MST 2004

  Channel Associated Signaling is a simple 4 bits 'protocol' often used in digital non-isdn E1 connections to define/indicate the state of the line (or channel): sieze, sieze ack, idle, etc, at a given moment.  Usualy, only 2 of those 4 bits are used.

  However, given that CAS tables may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, the most important thing to start with in a PBX-to-PBX CAS connection is to identify the CAS table being used at the far-end switch.

  If you can not easily obtain the tables on the far-end   --which is the usually the case when the brand of your switch is not the same as the one at the far end,  or if you don't have previous experience with CAS, you may get stuck even if you have a CAS analyzer.

  Given that in PBX-to-PBX scenarios you usually go with E&M signaling, you will also have to deal with the start arrangement; usually WiNK or IMMediate     You have to have the same start arrangemnet for each direction (REC/XMT) as the far end switch.   If Wink Start, you also have to deal with the length of the wink pulse.

  If you have the far end CAS table, just program yours to match their values.

  I am new with Asterisk and have never used zaptel.conf,  but if u attach the far end CAS table to your post, we can be more precise in helping.
  Rgds

  Sam\\\