[Asterisk-Users] Modulated tones not working

Vic Cross vicc at veejoe.com.au
Wed Jan 21 07:12:34 MST 2004

G'day list,

I have an Asterisk box built from very recent CVS (less than 24 hours
old), and I'm finding that the support for modulated tones (see
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000746) is not working
for me for phones attached to my TDM400P.

I've set "country=au" in the [general] section of indications.conf, and
verified that the required changes have been made to the dial, ring and
dialrecall lines in indications.conf, but no joy.  I have shut down and
restarted Asterisk, as well as unloading all of the zaptel modules and
reloading them and rerunning ztcfg.

On startup, Asterisk tells me that it is using indication "au" -- I know
this because the cadences for ringing and ring tones are correct.  I just
get no modulated tones... :(

Is there anyone out there using the tone modulation support successfully,
that can help me with what I've missed?  Thanks in advance!

Hoo-roo,
Vic Cross