[Asterisk-Users] T400P / T100P with Hong Kong IDA-P Lines

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Wed Jan 21 04:53:11 MST 2004

Hi David,

David Liu wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Anyone had any success deploying Asterisk with a T100P or T400P card
> in Hong Kong?  To my understanding, Hong Kong carriers only provide
> IDA-P or IDA-M lines.  I am looking to use IDA-P.  Is this possible
> with the card?
>
> I know Cisco 2651XMV with a VIC card can do it.  But that's just way
> too expensive!

IDA-M is robbed bit signalling. It comes in several forms in HK which
are functionally equivalent to the US, but use  different names. *
should work OK with these. IDA-P is the 5ESS ISDN protocol. Again *
should work OK. I haven' t tried * with real PCCW T1 lines, but its
unlikely there will be any problems. The Digium cards are not approved
in HK, and PCCW make ask what cards you intend to attach (sometimes they
do, and sometimes they don't).

Regards,
Steve