[Asterisk-Users] ADSI phone vs. IP phone

Ken Alker ken at impulse.net
Wed Jan 21 02:00:51 MST 2004

--On Tuesday, January 20, 2004 2:28 PM -0500 Andrew Kohlsmith
<akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com> wrote:

[...]
> I thought you were wrong here, as I have Vista 390 at home and I was sure
> that wasn't the case.  Lo and behold one of the biggest reasons for my
> wanting to go ADSI over IP has been shattered.
[...]

May I ask where you live that you have an ADSI phone "at home"?  I've been
involved with CallerID testing since the inception of the idea, and I'd
never heard of ADSI until this week.  The entire thing just blows me away;
can't understand why I've never heard one thing about it.  I have to assume
that it never made it to the U.S... despite what all the articles I'm
finding claim (written back in 1993-1999).  Either that, or it just never
made it out to my neck of the wood (Santa Barbara, CA), which is entirely
possible since Verizon/GTE rules the land here and they are always a decade
behind the rest of the country.