[Asterisk-Users] Voicetronix OpenLine4: disable answering on a particular channel & delay before dial

Terence Parker terence at parker.com.hk
Tue Jan 20 19:01:49 MST 2004

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply - I appreciate it. I will try the things you suggested - the suggestion to use a separate context for inoming calls on line two seems to be OK. The physical phone line is not plugged in at the moment (need to return to the office to do that) but all the other tests seem to be ok.

I have one question however. You say:

    Try to insert a comma "," before the number you dial.

Considering that my dial string is currently:

    exten => _9.,1,Dial(vpb/1-1/${EXTEN:1})

- where would I insert the comma? I have tried inserting it before the $ but that didn't seem to make much difference. Would the comma be treated by asterisk as a separation of parameters? Or is it actually interpreted as a pause?

Thanks

Terence