[Asterisk-Users] OT: Canada's Primus introduces SIP local service

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Tue Jan 20 13:25:50 MST 2004

Primus in Canada has launched a SIP-based service to replace your business
and residential POTS lines with a VoIP version. It's called TalkBroadband
and it looks killer:

http://www.primus.ca/en/residential/talkbroadband/index.html

Basic service for $20 Cdn a month!!

Local number portability!!

Cheapo Primus LD rates!!

They don't care where geographically you plug it in!!

When you sign up, they ship you this Dlink puppy for free:

ftp://ftp10.dlink.com/pdfs/products/DVG-1120/DVG-1120_ds.pdf

It has 2 FXS ports + ethernet + POTS backup port

My order's in already, I'll be pleased to tell Telus where to put their
"value pricing" once I get it installed. If anyone in Canada wants to know
my experiences with it, email me off-list next month.