[Asterisk-Users] How to diagnose "pops" and "clicks"?

Peter Rukavina peter at rukavina.net
Tue Jan 20 11:45:20 MST 2004

My setup is as follows:

Handset -> Sipura SPA 2000 -> Asterisk -> VoicePulse

and

Handset -> Sipura SPA 2000 -> Asterisk -> Digium X100P -> POTS

I notice when making VoicePulse calls (but *not* POTS calls through the
X100P) that there is significant "popping" and "clicking" on the line.
This isn't enough to interfere seriously with the call, and the voice
quality is otherwise "telephone quality."  People I'm calling to don't
report hearing the pops and clicks on their end.

I'm looking for advice as to how to best diagnose this problem.

Thanks,
Peter Rukavina
Charlottetown, PEI
www.reinvented.net