[Asterisk-Users] ADSI phone vs. IP phone

daryl at introspect.net daryl at introspect.net
Tue Jan 20 09:29:18 MST 2004

You need to be more specific....PoE isn't all standard.  As is par for
the Course, Cisco has their own.

So If you're talking about 79xx's, I can definitely recommend any of the
PoE blased for the Cat 4500 and 6500 series.  Just make sure you have
enough wattage coming form your power supplies (I had to go to 220v on
one after loading it up with PoE blades).

For smaller wiring closets, the Cat 3524-PWR-XL works great.

And if you also have a Cisco wireless infrastructure (AiroNet 350 and
newer) you can power those with the same hardware.

Daryl G. Jurbala
BMPC Network Operations
Tel (NY): +1 917 477 0468 x235
Tel (MI): +1 616 608 0004 x235