[Asterisk-Users] Codec matching weirdness

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Jan 20 04:39:37 MST 2004

Hi!

> A better option and one Asterisk desperately needs is some kind of
> --lint option,
> Which would check the config for errors and useless misspelled options.
> <smile>
>
> I personal find one or more typos or misspelling a month, On my PBXs.

Yes, indeed, same for me. My advice is to always do an "extensions
reload" and immediately check the /var/log/asterisk/messages, but that'll
still not catch everything. Just found this which explained strange
errors I saw for two months:

    exten => 123,4,Playback(some-sound))

Haha - stupid, ain't it?
Cheers, Philipp