[Asterisk-Users] New sounds also now in CVS

Chris Lee cslee at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 20 02:52:12 MST 2004

As a sugestion, store the sounds in a soundlib tree, hashed or
categorised (boolean (yes, no, true,false, up, down etc.),numbers,
caledar(day, date, time etc), state, weather etc) and dont duplicate any
sounds then make a sounds tree with virtual categories and sim link to
the files needed.
This keeps the directory sizes down and allows for sound sets to be
built up with all the words they use in them.
It also allows sounds to be added as needed rather than requiring all
sounds to be part of a distribution.