[Asterisk-Users] ultra-cheap asterisk box

Ken Alker ken at impulse.net
Tue Jan 20 01:22:12 MST 2004

--On Monday, January 19, 2004 12:25 PM +1100
woody+asterisk at solutionsfirst.com.au wrote:

> [...]

Radio Shack has a really neat A/C power meter that plugs into the wall.
You then plug the A/C powered appliance you want to test into the unit.
The unit reports instantaneous KW, KVA, and power consumption over time.
It claims 15A max, but I've run it much higher.  This is a great tool and a
really fun gadget as well!  It is one of those things you just don't want
to spend the money on for a single test, but then when you have it you find
uses for it constantly.  I went around measuring everything in the house
and at work after I got it.  I think it was about $50, but on sale it was a
good 30% off!