[Asterisk-Users] R2 support

Alfred R. Nurnberger alfred at flosys.com
Mon Jan 19 21:10:36 MST 2004

Steve.
You are saying this from your view of 2004.
But at the time R2 was developed there were no microcontrollers and tones
were decoded with LC filters.
R2 provides interactive capabilities base on a simple tones protocol to
retrieve ANI, dialed numbers,
signalling status etc. It's compelled structure provides some kind of
handshaking to deal with different
kind of switches and their speed. Nowadays this is no issue at all but at
the days R2 was developed
you had to take into account that relays and step by step switches take
their time.

On the other hand I have to agree with you... Well, what is the definition
of sane anyway :-)

Regards.
Alfred.