[Asterisk-Users] user password and call waiting

Ing Isianto Istiadi isianto.istiadi at adirarental.com
Mon Jan 19 19:14:52 MST 2004

Dear all,
I have a questions:
1. I have 3 FXO connected to 3 analog phones. But I have 5 users using those
phone. I want to be able to log who is using the phones and where to. I'd
like to use password for each user so that I can keep track who is the
caller and for how long.
I read the authenticate application, but I think it is for one user only.
Forgive my English.

Fxo --> phone1   user A use phone1 or phone2 or phone3 after entering
Fxo --> phone2   password like 1234, so if A want to call from either phones
Fxo --> phone3   A needs to punch 91234xxxxxxx
The same with user B, B needs to punch 92345xxxxxx
And so on.
But in my logger (either text based or database based), I need to see the
caller is A and the rest is the same.
Can I do this with *. What is the effective approach?

2. I Use digium hardware (FXO and FXS), * v0.5. Can I activate the caller
waiting feature on the fxs's?
So if phone 1 is being used, and I called phone 1 from phone 2, phone 1 will
get call waiting tone, and from phone 2 will hear the connecting tones?
I put callwaiting=yes in Zapata.conf already. But it didn't work.Any help?

Thanks