[Asterisk-Users] Concurrents calls on asterisk with H323

T. Chan tommy.chan at utimail.com
Mon Jan 19 14:16:29 MST 2004

I agree that it should be able to do more than 15 to 20 calls when NOT
transcoding, however, I WAS doing pass-through without any transcoding and
it was crashing after around 15 to 20 calls, that was the problem, while I
was expecting at least hundreds of simultaneous calls ( not channels ) doing
pass through, because this is what other softswitches are able to do very
reliably.

Also, I do not see WHY transcoding should not let us do more than 15-20
calls (in my case, only passing through), I read somewhere that one of our
associates here has experienced about 45 calls when transcoding. The
question becomes if this is all we can do with one server, what is the point
of getting 4 E1s Digium card while one can never be able to use 120 channels
transcoding from VOIP to TDM?

Can someone shed some light on this please? Thanks !

Tom