[Asterisk-Users] Best Codec ?

Manuel João S. Costa Amaro ashes at gildot.org
Mon Jan 19 04:30:38 MST 2004

Hi List,

Take a look at http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Codecs.

Which is de best codec to use with asterisk.

Let's say that we have a asterisk that works it SIP, H323, i4l, capi, etc ..

Which codec should i use if i want to make call between SIP phones ? And with
H323 phones (with a gatekeeper) ? And if i want to make a call from an H323
phone to a mobile phone (GSM) ?

Are there any relation between codecs and protocols ? Which is more efficient ?

If anyone have a FM, please tell me so i can RTFM.

Best regards,

 Joao Amaro - Braga, Portugal