[Asterisk-Users] Re: compiling problems

Reinhard Max max at suse.de
Mon Jan 19 00:18:03 MST 2004

Hi Franz,

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 at 21:47, Franz Edler wrote:

> Now I learned, that I have to provide also the kernel-sources for
> compiling zaptel. I have done that,

have you also copied the running kernel's configuration to the kernel
sources

	zcat /proc/config.gz > /usr/src/linux/.config

and executed

	make oldconfig
	make dep

in /usr/src/linux ? These steps might be needed for compiling external
kernel modules like zaptel.

> but at the end of make install of zaptel I get the following errors
> on unresolved symbols:
>
> /sbin/depmod -a

If the above doesn't help please run 'depmod -ae' to see the names of
the symbols it can't resolve. Maybe the names can give a hint where to
look next.

cu
	Reinhard