[Asterisk-Users] RE: Newbee question (hot phone numbers)

Eric Bart eric.bart at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jan 18 09:00:00 MST 2004

Just dropping a note about hot-desking

I believe hot-desking requires hot phone numbers. These hot phone #
should not be connected to physical phones but rather to a database
entry from where the physical phone(s) is(are) retrieved.

Users should be able to modify (securely) their own database record.

I'm currently trying to understand Bluetooth and the Norwood Bluetooth
initiative. http://www.norwoodsystems.com

For now, it seems to me that hot phone # is simpler than Norwood.
With Bluetooth wireless headsets you only have a 10 meters wireless
range. So when you walk around in your office, you have to connect
dynamically to another wireless bluetooth hub. Thus you should/may
change you ip adress. If this change is made while on hook, an
automatic database update may seems enough. But while off-hook ...