[Asterisk-Users] Channel Bank Woes...

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sun Jan 18 00:33:44 MST 2004

On Sunday 18 January 2004 01:06, Brent Franks wrote:
> Tilghman,
>
> [incoming]
> exten => s,1,Wait,1
> exten => s,2,Answer
> exten => s,3,Dial(SIP/2126,15,t)
> exten => s,4,Voicemail(u2120)
> exten => s,5,Hangup
> exten => s,102,Voicemail(b2120)
> exten => s,103,Hangup

Try doing the Dial before the Answer or add the r option to the Dial
command.  Answer tells the remote end to stop indicating ringing.

> I have had reports from users that people at the other end are able
> to hear me fine, while to me I hear a lot of static when they talk.
> Outgoing calls also seem to be a large problem, as when I try to dial
> 9NXXXXXX calls, I will hear a dialtone, and no digits will be dialed.

What's your dialplan look like for this?

> *'s CLI shows that it is dialing the numbers I dialed on my SIP
> phone. It also sounds sometimes that the volume of the dialtone is
> very high, however the rxgain and txgains on the CB seem to be
> alright, as sometimes it will work just fine and the call quality is
> excellent.  If the problem surfaces, I don't do anything and
> everything returns to normal at some point.

If you're using a SIP phone, the dialtone is generated on the SIP phone
itself, not by Asterisk or the channel bank.

-Tilghman