[Asterisk-Users] Channel Bank Woes...

Brent Franks mwless at mindworks.net
Sat Jan 17 22:16:32 MST 2004

Hello all,

I have a new Carrier Access Adit 600 and am having a problem dialing out
and receiving incoming calls.

After the initial ring, the calling party will here nothing.  There is a
silence, but the SIP phones that is supposed to ring will ring.  The
calling party will not hear the sound of the ring that * sends out on
the line.  Additionally, if someone picks up the receiver there is no
sound, but occasionally you can here something trying to get through
that sounds like tin-foil is over the MIC of the phone.

The Channel bank is grounded properly, and only has one 8 Port FXO card.
Also, there is nothing in any of the PCI slots except the 1 T100P card.

Sometimes calls will work great (it's very sporadic), and everything
sounds really clear.  Sometimes there will be no sound on the line,
others when trying to place an outgoing call the dialtone will sound
like it has a lot of static  I have six phone lines from Verizon and the
problem will occur on all of the phone lines, not just one.  I have
trouble-shooted this thing extensively and have hit a wall.

I have attached my configurations (zaptel.conf, zapata.conf, and print
config (from the CB)).

Has anyone seen anything like this before?  Any help or other avenues to
try to trouble shoot would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

---/etc/zaptel.conf---

span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
fxsks=1-6
# BMZ has the option to add more cards / lines to the CB
# Setup T1 Span 2
# span=2,1,0,esf,b8zs
# fxoks=25-48
loadzone = us
defaultzone=us

---/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf----
[channels]
language=en
; Set the context for dialplan calling
group=1
context=incoming
; FXO Cards use FXS signalling, lets use Kickstart
signalling=fxs_ks
; Cancel that Echo
echocancel = yes
echocancelwhenbridged = yes
busydetect=no
callprogress=no
channel => 1-6

---ADIT CB 600 print config----

> print config

-Adit 600 configuration file
-Created on 01/02/2002 at 07:13:02
-This file is valid for the following configuration only:
-
-        CardType
-        --------
-SLOT A   T1x2         SW Version:  6.1.2
-SLOT 1   FXOx8
-SLOT 2   FXOx8
-SLOT 3   FXSx8
-SLOT 4   FXSx8
-SLOT 5   FXSx8
-SLOT 6   FXSx8
-NOTES:
-1. It is necessary to issue the commands 'restore defaults'
-   and 'reset' BEFORE downloading the configuration file to
-   ensure proper configuration.
-2. Lines beginning with '-' will be ignored as comments
-   by the CLI.  Before downloading, review the sections of
-   the configuration file delimited by these comments and
-   delete the commands that are not needed (e.g. 'set ip
-   address' and 'add user' are likely candidates for
-   deletion).
-3. While downloading, a character delay of 5 ms and a line
-   delay of 300 ms is recommended.

-Turning off verification messages.

set verification off

-Setting local off.

set local off

-Disconnecting all connections.

disconnect a
disconnect 1
disconnect 2
disconnect 3
disconnect 4
disconnect 5
disconnect 6

-Setting IP addresses.

set ethernet ip address 10.10.1.100 255.255.0.0
set ip gateway 10.10.1.1

-Setting the SNMP MIB-II System Group objects.

set snmp getcom "public"
set snmp setcom "public"
set snmp trapcom "public"
set snmp trapauth enable
set snmp trapevent all
set snmp trapvers 2

-Setting slot a.

set a:1 up
set a:1 fdl none
set a:1 lbo 1
set a:1 framing esf
set a:1 id "CAC DS1# A:1"
set a:1 linecode b8zs
set a:1 loopdetect on
set a:1:1-24 side drop
set a:1:1-24 type voice
set a:1:1-24 signal ls
set a:2 down
set a:2 fdl none
set a:2 lbo 1
set a:2 framing esf
set a:2 id "CAC DS1# A:2"
set a:2 linecode b8zs
set a:2 loopdetect on
set a:2:1-24 side drop
set a:2:1-24 type voice
set a:2:1-24 signal ls

-Setting slot 1.

set 1:1-8 signal lscpd
set 1:1-8 txgain -3
set 1:1-8 rxgain -3

-Setting slot 2.

set 2:1-8 signal ls
set 2:1-8 txgain -3
set 2:1-8 rxgain -6

-Setting slot 3.

set 3:1-8 signal ls
set 3:1-8 txgain -3
set 3:1-8 rxgain -6
set 3:1-8 linelength short

-Setting slot 4.

set 4:1-8 signal ls
set 4:1-8 txgain -3
set 4:1-8 rxgain -6
set 4:1-8 linelength short

-Setting slot 5.

set 5:1-8 signal ls
set 5:1-8 txgain -3
set 5:1-8 rxgain -6
set 5:1-8 linelength short

-Setting slot 6.

set 6:1-8 signal ls
set 6:1-8 txgain -3
set 6:1-8 rxgain -6
set 6:1-8 linelength short

-Setting primary and secondary clock sources.

set clock1 internal
set clock2 internal

-Making connections.

connect a:1:1 2:1