[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Indications

Christopher Lee chris at datachaos.com.au
Sat Jan 17 21:04:23 MST 2004

Hi,

Just wondering if someone could better explain how the indications.conf file
actually affects Asterisk?

I am using a Cisco 7940 from my Asterisk system, and have set in
indications.conf "country=au" thinking that this would make the
dialtones/call progress sound like the familiar Australian tones?

However when I call another extension on my system, it still sounds like the
American ring tone. Does the indications perhaps only effect Analog FXS
cards and not SIP phones?

Also, when loading the Asterisk configs as shown below, it displays a
message about "Removed default indication country 'au' and at the end
proceeds to set default indication country to 'au'. the Removed part has me
thinking it's forgotten all about the particular indications for au?

======cut from Asterisk console=======

    -- Unregistered indication country 'us'

Jan 18 14:02:36 NOTICE[262161]: indications.c:390
ast_unregister_indication_coun

try: Removed default indication country 'au'

    -- Unregistered indication country 'au'

    -- Unregistered indication country 'fr'

    -- Unregistered indication country 'de'

    -- Unregistered indication country 'nl'

    -- Unregistered indication country 'uk'

    -- Unregistered indication country 'fi'

    -- Unregistered indication country 'no'

  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/indications.conf':   == Parsing
'/etc/asterisk/indic

ations.conf': Found

    -- Registered indication country 'us'

    -- Registered indication country 'au'

    -- Registered indication country 'fr'

    -- Registered indication country 'de'

    -- Registered indication country 'nl'

    -- Registered indication country 'uk'

    -- Registered indication country 'fi'

    -- Registered indication country 'no'

    -- Setting default indication country to 'au'

Thanks,

Chris Lee