[Asterisk-Users] Registering multiple FWD accounts

Terence Parker terence at parker.com.hk
Sat Jan 17 19:56:26 MST 2004

Can multiple FWD accounts be registered?

I have the following output in my sip.conf file:

register=74928:xxx at fwd.pulver.com/74928
register=75160:xxx at fwd.pulver.com/75160
register=74573:xxx at fwd.pulver.com/74573

[fwd-74928]
type=friend
secret=xxx
username=74928
host=fwd.pulver.com

[fwd-75160]
type=friend
secret=xxx
username=75160
host=fwd.pulver.com

[fwd-74573]
type=friend
secret=xxx
username=74573
host=fwd.pulver.com

Two questions :

What exactly does [fwd-74573] mean in this case anyway? Does this category define a local users which another client can then logon to (e.g. I don't really need this) - or is this actually necessary to get FWD working? I notice in online examples that people use [fwd.pulver.com] - but I gather I can't have three of these as it would conflict. The register=74928:xxx at fwd.pulver.com/74928 clause already does the logging in surely - so are the [] required?

Secondly, using the above setup - when an incoming call comes in to 74928 I get the following output:

-- Executing Answer("SIP/74573-aeb6", "") in new stack
    -- Executing Wait("SIP/74573-aeb6", "1") in new stack
    -- Executing Playback("SIP/74573-aeb6", "welcomemsg") in new stack
    -- Playing 'welcomemsg' (language 'en')

- which is strange, considering it was 74928 that was dialled!! However, the extension correctly associated with 74928 does ring (even when called from a true FWD client outside of this asterisk server). The other extensions work fine too. So it almost seems like FWD is correctly registered three times... but just the cosmetic log output is wrong.

Is there actually a problem with this?

My extensions.conf is attached below for reference.

Thanks,

Terence

---------------------

exten => 74928,1,Answer
exten => 74928,2,Wait(1)
exten => 74928,3,Playback(welcomemsg)
exten => 74928,4,Dial(SIP/TerenceParker&SIP/DavidLiu&SIP/GardenVista&SIP/PeterLiu,90,tm)
exten => 74928,5,Voicemail,u999
exten => 74928,6,Hangup
exten => 74928,102,Voicemail,b999
exten => 74928,103,Hangup

exten => 75160,1,Answer
exten => 75160,2,Dial(SIP/DavidLiu,180,tm)
exten => 75160,3,Voicemail,u1000
exten => 75160,4,Hangup
exten => 75160,102,Voicemail,b1000
exten => 75160,103,Hangup

exten => 74573,1,Answer
exten => 74573,2,Dial(SIP/TerenceParker,180,tm)
exten => 74573,3,Voicemail,u1001
exten => 74573,4,Hangup
exten => 74573,102,Voicemail,b1001
exten => 74573,103,Hangup