[Asterisk-Users] SER & Asterisk

Thilo Salmon salmon at netzquadrat.de
Sat Jan 17 08:44:47 MST 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-17 at 01:33, asterisk at geek.be wrote:
> Thanks guys, thought SER had to 'register' to be able to use
> any Asterisk contexts.
> But just defining a new entry in the sip.conf with just context & ip worked!
>
> But now i'm stumbling on another problem.. Asterisk seems to want
> to send the SIP udp packets directly to the SIP clients.
> In the case of a SIP user/client behind a NAT, this obviously doesn't
> work.

My guess'd be that this is a problem of your ser configuration
(such as a missing record_route()) rather than an issue with *.
One thing I would take a look at, would be the incoming INVITE
request using "sip debug" and check whether or not you you find a
header field Record-Route: pointing to you SER proxy.

Thilo