[Asterisk-Users] Kernel for 1586 vs i686 for Asterisk?

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jan 17 07:32:31 MST 2004

Hi,

As I have said before I am not that hot on building kernels and what
effects of various options would have on Asterisk..

I am thinking of using a distro called Trustix to build my new Asterisk
server.. Its super small and is built for security so everything is
disabled by default which is always a good thing since I would probably
miss some when I was locking down any other distro.. The thing that is
playing on my mind is that all packages are built for i586 not i686.. So
the question, for the kernal guru's, is what effect will this have on
Asterisk performance if any??

Later..