[Asterisk-Users] Class features in dialplan ?

Lance Arbuckle asterisk at arbuckle.org
Fri Jan 16 19:58:15 MST 2004

hey guys
I thought I was making progress on my dialplan when I realized that the
class features that are available for zap channels aren't available for
SIP channels.  I see references in the archives to adding pattern
matches in the dialplan for CLASS features which has raised a couple
questions.

1.  Is implementing CLASS like features via the dialplan the currently
recommended way to do this ?

2.  In general, are there any problems using non numeric characters in a
pattern match with SIP phones (i.e. _*67) ?

So far I'm planning to do Call Forward Unconditional, Call Forward Busy,
Call Forward No-Answer, and Do not disturb and maybe some speed dials
but I haven't thought that one through yet.

3.  Anyone willing to share some of their cool features that they've
come up with ???  I'd be most appreciative  :)

Thanks.

-Lance