[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Integration with Lucent Definity g3si

Sean P. Robertson spr at netxusa.com
Fri Jan 16 15:38:48 MST 2004

Message-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Branton [mailto:mbranton at xtracard.com]
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2004 12:52 PM
To: 'asterisk-users at lists.digium.com'
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Integration with Lucent Definity g3si

>would really like to expand its capabilities by fully integrating it with
our Definity g3si and are wondering about other peoples >experiences with
similar setups. Thus far we have only been able to achieve a partial 1 way
integration, but ultimately would love to >route inbound voip calls to the
asterisk out of the lucent. Obviously the tighter the integration we can get
the better  we can leverage >our existing resources and start migrating
aspects of our operations to voip entirely. Comments and suggestions from
you definity >experts out there are very appreciated.

######

I have done exactly this with an Avaya Magix which is identical to the
Definity in the way that is handles T-1/PRI connections.  We have IP and
non-IP users calling back and forth.  Both types of callers can use IAXtel
and both types of callers can route out to the PSTN line that is connected
to our Magix.

Sean