[Asterisk-Users] RE: PID

T. Chan tommy.chan at utimail.com
Fri Jan 16 15:12:24 MST 2004

Dear All,

So are you saying that I should see 1 PID for "safe_asterisk" and many PIDs
for "asterisk -vvvg -c" or just 1 PID for "asterisk -vvvg -c", the problem
is I am seeing alot of PIDs for "asterisk -vvvg -c" on a couple of my
systems and only 1 PID for "asterisk -vvvg -c" for the other couple, which
way is correct and how do I rectify that? When I said seeing multiple PIDs,
I mean I actually see like 20 different PID numbers (the second column when
I do a ps), not sure if that means 20 different threads or 20 PIDs. How do I
take care of wonky threading implementation as you suggested?

THanks