[Asterisk-Users] RE: PID

T. Chan tommy.chan at utimail.com
Fri Jan 16 15:07:15 MST 2004

Dear All,

So are you saying that I should see 1 PID for "safe_asterisk" and many PIDs
for "asterisk -vvvg -c" or just 1 PID for "asterisk -vvvg -c", the problem
is I am seeing alot of PIDs for "asterisk -vvvg -c" on a couple of my
systems and only 1 PID for "asterisk -vvvg -c" on other couple, which way is
correct and how do I rectify that? I actually see different PID numbers
(second column when I do ps) when I see many PIDs, do threads have different
PIDs or I am just seeing different threads, but with different PID numbers?

THanks