[Asterisk-Users] NO DTMF detection in the Outgoing call with GW Cisco5300

Steve Dolloff sdolloff at noc.dls.net
Fri Jan 16 10:57:13 MST 2004

In terms of your dtmf settings, you need to make sure that the 5300 is
configured with the same dtmf-relay method and codec as Asterisk.  I am
also trying to do this using SIP ATAs.  It works fine for most calls,
but certain ones do not.  I have been working with Cisco on this and it
appears that the problem is that some IVR systems do not correctly send
the PRI "Connect" status message.  Because of this, the AS5300 does not
tell * that the call is connected and so SIP info messages are never
sent from the ATA.

My concern is that this also happens with inband even when the rtp
stream is up.  Asterisk people, pay attention here.  If I connect either
a Cisco or a Sipura device directly to the AS5350, it works fine.  If I
try to connect through *, the DTMF never appears to be sent.  I have
tried this with INFO, inband and rfc2833 modes and have changes the
dtmfmode settings on all 3 devices for each.

Stephen

GW