[Asterisk-Users] Parking extension not working

Sean Garland sean at siskiyoutech.com
Fri Jan 16 09:28:33 MST 2004

Okay, lets start over...  I have basically a simple parking.conf, I use
701 as the parkext because of Andy Powells suggestion, I use a range of
702-710.  I have in my [sip] context and include => default and in the
[default] context, I have the stock include => localcalls which has on
include => parkedcalls.  When asterisk is loaded and I type show
dialplan at the console, I get a list of what appears to be all the
extensions available to me and their respective contexts.  Nowhere in
that list is an extension 701.  Now when a call comes in, my Polycom
phone rings and I answer it.  If I want to park the call I press the
conference button, and type 701, which then gives me a busy signal for a
few seconds, and the call is terminated.  I ran a sip debug and did the
same procedure, and I can see that the polycom phone requests extension
701 at ipaddress but then there is a 404 not found error.  Am I doing
something wrong in the transfer procedure?  When I dial # on the polycom
phone I get an instant busy, which I assume means that my phone doesn't
like that digit.

So maybe my question should be, is anyone using polycom sip phones and
able to use the parked call feature?

Sean