[Asterisk-Users] meetme - ztdummy

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Fri Jan 16 00:58:33 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 22:41, dkwok at iware.com.au wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 19:18, dkwok at iware.com.au wrote:
>
>  >> I do not have any zaptel hardware on the Asterisk box, I could not have
>  >> meetme functioning. I did modify the Makefile in zaptel directory on
>  >> line 168 by including ztdummy as one of the modules to compile in.
>

> try modprobe ztdummy
>
> This works. Should I include this in /etc/asterisk/modules.conf so that
> it will be loaded  automatically?
>
> Or it should be handled by /etc/modules.conf

It's a kernel module and so is handled by /etc/modules.conf

I don't know how you would modify /etc/modules to autoload the kernel
module.  There's an init script that's part of the Asterisk src, it
worked fine for me on RedHat 9 and Mandrake 8.2 and 9.2.  There's also
one in the zaptel src, you can modify that to load the module (it loads
the other hardware driver modules).  Or you can just put "modprobe
ztdummy" in /etc/rc.d/rc.local