[Asterisk-Users] Sending voicemail with qmail

Thu Jan 15 23:35:31 MST 2004

asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com <> wrote:
> you can do that. But are u installing qmail and * on
> same box. i wont recommend  that. i use qmail and *.
> qmail is strictly for internet email. *
> is on separate server not exposed to Internet. * box
> also has sendmail. i hv configured sendmail to use
> smart host (qmail server). This way its safe
> and secure.

Sendmail and secure? I wouldn't think so...

What you really want to do is follow the qmail installation instructions
which tell you to replace any existing binary called sendmail (usually
/usr/sbin/sendmail and /usr/lib/sendmail) with links to
/var/qmail/bin/sendmail

Of course, you might just find out where asterisk expects sendmail to
live, and if it is configurable change it to /var/qmail/bin/sendmail
etc...

BTW, to the original person, you CAN'T have un-installed postfix if you
are getting an error message about configuring postfix to make it work.
This is just one of the many problems when dealing with 'helpful'
package management solutions.

Regards,
Adam

 --