[Asterisk-Users] vmail cgi script

Terry Bohaning tbohaning at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 15 22:19:52 MST 2004

Hi all,

I'm in the process of building a * box for home and ran across the
vmail.cgi script. It installs suid root in order to allow access to the
voice mail boxes. I've never been fond of suid root and was looking for a
better method.

I've patched my installation to make everything in the vm hierarchy (/var/
spool/asterisk/voicemail/*) setgid www to match the group of my webserver.
The voicemail.c files also contains minor modifications.

Is this something that anyone else would be interested in?

Regards,

Terry