[Asterisk-Users] Voicetronix Openline 4 + asterisk

woody+asterisk at solutionsfirst.com.au woody+asterisk at solutionsfirst.com.au
Thu Jan 15 22:10:01 MST 2004

The other approved option is AVM Fritz!Cards from the Australian Distributor
listed on AVM's site.  It's pretty cheap to convert a
POTS line to ISDN2 which allows two simultaneous calls, plus you get all the
niceties of digital call handling, echo cancelling etc. using chan_capi from
www.junghans.net.

The price should be slightly better than openline4s on a per line basis.

However, I think telstra won't let you have ADSL on an ISDN line, even
though it works in other countries, maybe there are no ISDN/ADSL modems
approved for Australia.  We have two ISDN2 lines giving us 4 voice lines,
and an ADSL/analogue line for Fax and Internet.

You can still use your analogue phones/modems etc with the ISDN2 lines
(Telstra gives you an "NT1 Plus II" which accepts analogue phones)

A trap is that if you plug a USB cable into the "NT1 Plus II", it disables
the S-BUS which you need to connect to the AVM Fritz Card.

An even cheaper option is the Netjet card from traverse, but it uses
chan_modem_i4l which doesn't have any echo cancellation.

Cheers,
Woody