[Asterisk-Users] People detected as fax machines

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Thu Jan 15 11:28:03 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Iain Stevenson" <iain at iainstevenson.com>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 11:41 AM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] People detected as fax machines

> A caller to me was this afternoon detected as a fax machine:
>
> Jan 15 15:31:17 NOTICE[41997]: File chan_zap.c, Line 3564 (zt_read): Fax
> detected, but no fax extension
>
> ... and then redirected to voicemail.  An extract from extensions.conf is
> attached below.  Is there any way to stop * even considering an incoming
> call on a line as a fax call?

Search the archives...
google for: site:lists.digium.com fax detection

You're looking for something about OLD_DSP_ROUTINES

It's been discussed several times now.
-----
Andrew Thompson http://aktzero.com/
Your eyes are weary from staring at the CRT. You feel sleepy. Notice how
restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The opinions
stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.