[Asterisk-Users] GSM connection for asterisk

Alfred R. Nurnberger alfred at flosys.com
Thu Jan 15 10:26:20 MST 2004

Terje
you have 2 issues here to deal with:

	-1 the hardware to connect the M-20 to *
	- 2 a channel driver controling the M-20

ad 1) The M20 is controlled via a async. data port (like rs232)
	For a single channel solution you could connect it to a level converter
(MAX232)
	and hook it up to your COM port.
	For a single channel solution you can connect the analog audio in/out of
the M20 	to your soundcard ports.

ad 2) The audio part with OSS and dev/dsp is pretty much taken care of.
	To control the M20 you need a channel driver which spits out AT modem
command 	sequences based on API messages and reacts to the M20s status and
reports it back 	to the API

	ie. DIAL (Gsm/1/5551212) converts to  ATD5551212;<cr> on COM-1

This would be a low cost single channel solution. For more channels or out
of the box
solutions I would recommend either a fixed cellular terminal or a GSM
multichannel gateway with T1 or E1 port. (well this is my field of work)

Regards
Alfred