[Asterisk-Users] ATA186 SIP Outbound Fax Calls

Low, Adam ALow at Prioritytelecom.com
Thu Jan 15 08:12:17 MST 2004

All,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Cisco ATA186 (SIP image) and outbound faxing with Asterisk. Inbound faxs from PSTN into * and on to the ATA work fine but outbound faxs receive congestion from *.

I've got packet dumps from both sides and everything appears normal but after about 3 seconds the * servers sends the AS5300 a CANCEL and sends the ATA a '503 Service Unavailable' (with CSeq: 2 INVITE). The ATA responds with a SIP 2 ACK but does not stop sending RTP packets but the * server has taken down its RTP state so responds with ICMP port unreachables.

I've disable all fax tone detection on the ATA and AS5300 but still can't seem to get this to work. If anyone has any advise or recommended ATA configs it would be much appreciated.

Rgds, Adam

********* DISCLAIMER *********

This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure and may include proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone or email the sender and delete this message and any attachment from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person