[Asterisk-Users] Strange sound when fax answers (app_rxfax)

Peter Bittner peter.bittner at inode.at
Thu Jan 15 07:13:02 MST 2004

Hi!

I am struggling around with * and the spandsp library (app_rxfax) for a couple
of days. I'm trying to receive faxes which come via a SIP gateway.

The rxfax-module answers the call, the reception of faxes, however, still does
not work correctly, the received file is only about 300 bytes of size,
because the sending fax machine is terminating the transmission.

Now I've figured out (by listening to the fax signal of the app_rxfax module)
that the sound is somewhat different to the one of our regular fax machine
(hylafax).

Can that really be true? Did anyone experience the same problem in the past?

Peter