[Asterisk-Users] * For Call Center

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Thu Jan 15 04:20:57 MST 2004

Hello,

I think you need to do a little more looking around on the Asterisk
resources and on Google. What you are trying to do is mostly possible if you
have the time, patience and money to follow through with it.

One thing you need to learn is that a great many on this list despise
telemarketers of any kind, and even more so they hate it when people don't
do their own research for questions that have been answered many times
before.

Asterisk cannot easily be turned into a predictive dialer(which is a good
thing) there are a few people that have created simple auto-dialer programs
that simply dial one number after another one-at-a-time(Myself included)
which is not very efficient for bulk cold-calling, but works wonderfully to
call back your customers on a quarterly basis for customer checkups like my
company does with it's customers.

There is a group of Asterisk users that decided to modify the code of
Asterisk to try to make it a predictive dialer, called shady_dial I believe,
but I haven't heard anything about it lately.

Back to your questions:
- yes, Asterisk can be used for a fractional voice/data T1. there are
several people that have done this.
- you will need a decent powered x86 computer with at least a digium single
T1 card
- yes Asterisk can be used as an auto-dialer, if you program it to do so
yourself. The easiest way is to use the manager interface or generate .call
files, but it is not very fast and will not piss people off at a high rate
like a the predictive dialer you want will
- maybe Asterisk can be turned into a predictive dialer, but you'd have to
do that yourself or find out if shady_dial has succeeded in their project
- yes you can use a screen popup system on win32 or Unix there are resources
out there to do it and it's not terribly hard to do if you understand the
APIs involved.
- no, Asterisk will not work out of the box for what you want to do, it will
take effort and time to get it all working and you may end up spending as
much as you would on a predictive dialer to get it all done.
- don't expect much sympathy from the people here on this list as the the
cost of a predictive dialer.

Thank you and good luck,

MATT---