[Asterisk-Users] newbie ISDN question

Samuel Jimenez jimenezchava at racsa.co.cr
Thu Jan 15 02:19:07 MST 2004

  Hi All,

  Have just checked kapejod's quadBRI specs and looks wonderful.   I am not
an expert on ISDN either, but seems to me that features and functionally
worth the 600 EUR (almost US$600,right??) suggested price.

  However, from * stand point it seems   --pls pardon me in advance if I am
wrong,  that kapejod's quadBRI card provides much more 'horse power'  than *
really needs in standard applications

  In our case (my partners and I), we are looking for an internal plain
multiBRI EuroISDN card capable of taking the B channels and deliver them to
the * in a duplex mode, so that * take care of everything else: Caller ID,
Call Routing (switching), Conferencing, Least Cost Routing, Protocol
Conversions, etc, etc .    Our ideal multiBRi card needs to operate in TE
mode only but would be great if it was capable to accept either U or S/T BRI
interfaces  --with S/T required only in situations where a NT1 + 2POTS box
should go before * to provide dial tone even during shutdowns.

  Given that our * servers  -- P4 Dell pe400SC, costs about  US $300 here,
it would be great if this ideal multiBRI would cost no more than the server,
which has (we guess) plenty power to run the BRI's card load and a 4x12,
6x18 or 8x24 small office application.

  Does any one uses or knows any BRI card,  like the one of our dreams...
(hope this is not a silly dream).

  I know  that some of you are successfully using a single port BRI card.
It is a kapejod's card too, right??

  Thanks a lot!

  Sam

  p.s. probably this should go in a separate thread...