[Asterisk-Users] Re: Proposed solution for exit code priority jumps

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Jan 14 19:53:53 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 14:12, Jeremy McNamara wrote:
> John Todd wrote:
>
> > I realize this is a major code shift, since it would require work in
> > pretty much every single application.  It's easy for me to talk about
> > this since I can't accomplish such a task.  However, without attention
> > now, this may never be solved, which would be a pity because it's a
> > real crimp in the style of anyone doing more than trivial dialplan
> > manipulation - anyone doing cascading dial failovers will attest to that.
>

> We were talking in the conf the other day about possibly creating a 'F'
> extension for 'failure'.  I'm not sure if this is even remotely close to
> what your talking about or not.

Hmm, F would be good, possibly B also. I could see a good case for the
lead digit for a pattern doing a goto to a context that could define
those for outbound calls.

[normal_extensions]
exten => 9,1,Goto(Extended_out,s,1)

[Extended_out]
exten => s,1,Playtones(dialtone)

exten => F,1,background(Failed)
exten => F,2,hangup

exten => B,1,congestion

exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/g2/${EXTEN})

This example tightly controls the B and F special extensions to a
specific dial in the context.