[Asterisk-Users] How to Order Disconnect Supervision from SBC using Adit 600?

Jonathan Moore moorejon at usd465.com
Wed Jan 14 13:35:19 MST 2004

Quoting Jonathan Moore <moorejon at usd465.com>:

> On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, James Sharp wrote:
>
> > > I have a little more info on this. Following the suggestion of another
> > > post on
> > > this topic I tracked down an analog phone with lighted buttons powered
> by
> > > the
> > > phone connection. I directly connected the phone to one of my inbound
> > > lines and
> > > called it with my cell phone. Picked up the analog phone, verified call
> > > completion and then hung up my cell. I watched and waited for the lights
> > > to go
> > > out. Sure enough they did, but it took 8 seconds from the time of the
> > > hangup.
> > > After the flash more phone started emitting a dialtone sound. Is this
> > > correct? I
> > > was under the impression the voltage drop would happen almost
> immediately.
> >
> > Do you have another analog line that's on the same Central office as the
> > line in question?  The delay could be lag time betwee the time you hang up
> > your cell phone, the cell provider MTSO processes the hang up, passes it
> > on to their termination provider, who then passes it on to your
> > termination provider, who then passes it on to you.
>
> I will try that, but the results were consistent with what we are seeing
> across the board. I will call from my pbx to my test line in the morning
> and time the results.

I tried the test again today but using an analog line to call the test line
(plexar to plexar) and it was in the same range. I think my particular test call
was actually 11 seconds. So it doesn't seem to matter whether it is a cell call
or a land line call there is a significant delay before the voltage drops.

I also met with our SBC rep today and he brought a technical person with him.
The techie seemed to think the delay was longer than it should be. They are
going to check into it. They are also going to check to see if the delay for
ground start lines is lower if nothing can be done to speed up the loop start
signaling.

Visit Winfield Public Schools at http://usd465.com